Saturday, March 1, 2014

A visit to Beverly Hills, day one

Valentine's weekend my husband, daughter and I (romantic, huh) took a road trip to Beverly Hills. We had tickets to see Paul Simon and Sting together in concert at The Forum. Our daughter (24 years old) is a huge Paul Simon fan. 
This was my first trip to Beverly Hills, wow we were not in Kansas anymore.


We stayed at the infamous Beverly Hilton. It’s a beautiful very opulent hotel. Its also walking distance from Rodeo Drive that came in very handy.

Merv Griffin Way, of course

Friday night we had dinner at South Beverly Grill and nightcaps at the THE BLVD Lounge of the Beverly Wilshire Hotel (a scene from Pretty Woman was shot here).  It was like stepping back to the “Rat Pack” days. 


Saturday we spent the day wondering around Beverly Hills on foot. I had done some research on things to see in the area so we headed to the “Witch House”. Formerly known as  “The Spadena House” was built in 1921 for a movie studio in Culver City. It was used in several silent films, and then moved to this pleasant residential neighborhood in Beverly Hills in 1926. In 1998 it was purchased by a realtor who later remodeled it. The house is not open to the public but it sits on the corner of Carmelita and Walden Drive so you can wonder around outside. 






We spent the rest of the afternoon wondering around Rodeo Drive. I did see a purse I admired but the $1300 price tag was a bit to steep for me. It was very pretty though!

Art... aka kindling

The famous Rodeo Drive steps


Saturday before the concert we had an early dinner at Bedford and Burns. It was fantastic and I would highly recommend it if you are ever in Beverly Hills at dinnertime. Then it was off to the concert, which was excellent, one of the better concerts I have attended. Man oh man that Sting can sing and Paul wasn’t too shabby either.

Phew, that pretty much sums up our first full day. 
I'll give you a recap of Sunday in my next post but while you are waiting check out this #imsorry you'll learn more about it next time.

Until then....












  


No comments:

Post a Comment