Thursday, January 3, 2013

Let the training begin

In a weak moment I volunteered to run in a marathon relay race. (details HERE). The training started today, holy crow! I get ONE day of rest a week for the next seven weeks. Crazy! What was I thinking? Of course it sounded like a great idea when I volunteered, now not so much!

Does that ever happen to you? You raise your hand to volunteer and when the time comes you have second thoughts?

I won't back out because I am part of a four man team and I don't want to let them down. And I need a jump start to lose these holiday pounds I packed on. I have a feeling I'll be spending plenty of quality time with my ice pack...

Post nine miles (swearing I would never do it again)

1 comment:

  1. Heh you...so glad to see your happy, happy face. I don't have your email or your address and need it. I am planning a trip to Phoenix in April 2-12...must do a meet-up with you, Barbara & Terri.

    ReplyDelete